Today I woke up early (I was a bit emotional last night anticipating the day). First thing I did was workout, make breakfast, and showered to prepare for my last day of PreK. This year will always hold a special place in my heart. (The last class I taught before having Micah all graduates high school this year) This was my first year in 4 day PreK, I was in my own classroom (I didn't have to share a space) I worked for hours making the room exactly how I imagined for my 16 little friends.
Today we had our final goodbye. We invited the family to join us one last time calling it Stop & Go. A couple weeks ago I went in and cleaned out my classroom gathering the kids things into yellow bags. I then brought home all of their portfolios and bound them together adding a few extra surprises.
I placed all of the bags on the fence and took my place on the other side. The families lined up just as they would for drop off but this time parent and child were invited to hop out grab their bag get a quick picture and say our goodbyes. When I say the kiddos have grown so much over the past couple months I truly mean it.
I look forward to seeing them in the hallways next year as they stop in to pick up siblings. Times goes by way to fast but I am so thankful for the time we shared together. I received so many thoughtful notes and kind words that brought tears to my eyes. Here is to the Class of 2033!
No comments:
Post a Comment