Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Banana Bread

One of my favorite ways for my boys to wake is with the smell of something delicious in the air.  Yes, even on busy school morning I make muffins, waffles, pancake and yummy breads. (this is not the box kind)  One of our go to favorites is a recipe that my good friend Sahana gave me a few years back. (I believe it was originally a Betty Crocker recipe but I've altered it a bit) I consider it to be simple and I always have the ingredients in the house.  So, today we started our morning with Banana bread.  I have passed this recipe on over the years with many of you but thought I would post it here so you ALWAYS have it.

Banana Bread Ingredients:

3 ripe bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup soft butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

I start my throwing my bananas in my mixer to get them mashed up.  I then throw in all the other ingredients minus the chocolate chips and nuts until everything else is blended.  Then  I add the chocolate and nuts.  My boys prefer I leave out the nuts so I do more often than not.  I throw in more chocolate to make up for the missing nuts. (Another change to the original recipe.  They also prefer that I make mini loafs.  I put them in the over at 325 for 40-45 mins.  If I make a standard loaf I bake it for 60-75 mins. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment