Something most people know about me is that I don't like birds (with the exception of the cardinal) It's always been a fear, I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's from watching Birds as a young child and the fear of having my eyes pecked out. Anyways... two days ago while working out in the front room I noticed what looked like a nest in the window. The next day I thought about it all day, thinking how would I get it down.
This morning the boys said they'd help me so out we went. I taped two poles together and assigned Micah the job of removing the nest (He can run faster than I can) Well, we quickly realized that he was to short. There was only one girl for the job. So, in my pajama pants, hunter boots, bed head and glasses I went for all. The coast looked clear. The mother bird that was perched on a nearby tree had left. I was successful (Micah decided this would be a good time to record his mother) but then the mother bird returned and we all went running.
When approaching my house please don't go to the door. There is a very angry mama bird because we removed her nest (NO eggs were in there) Every time I open the door she starts making tons of noise to let us know how unhappy she is.
No comments:
Post a Comment