Thursday, April 2, 2020

Results and Reality

Yesterday my doctors office finally called with my results.  They said that they were able to get everything and and everything was clear.  She then said that they'd prefer to NOT have me come in for my follow up due to the proximity to the hospital.  She instructed me to remove the outer bandage between now and next week.  
After putting the boys to bed last night I decided this was the night.  Let me just say I was not prepared for what I saw.  The incision was much different than I expected and a lot larger.  Things just didn't look the way I thought they would.  I was in a bit of shock, I then began to cry feeling completely alone.  I finally make progress in one area and now I have to accept this.  I feel very selfish and vain for being upset like I am.  I don't have anyone saying I love you in spite of this, you're still beautiful to me.  Maybe in time this will settle and feel better, but right now it feels terrible.  When I told my sister, she said it's okay, it's just another battle wound.  I don't want anymore, I just want to be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment