Thursday, April 16, 2020

Over a Month in...

Well, we've made it over a month.  I've done a lot of things I certainly didn't plan on over the last month.

I gave not one, or two but three home haircuts.  My oldest who has become very particular about his hair allowed me to cut his hair.  And let me just say it turned out great.  I was terrified while I was doing it but all said and done we were both happy.

I've made over 200 face masks in the last month.  My first round was supplies I had gathered before the shut down.  All the other supplies have been donated by a co worker or were found in my basement.  (I knew I needed all those crafting supplies over the years)  If you still are in need of a face mask (it looks like we're moving in that direction) Please let me know I would love to donate one to you.  (I'm running low on supplies but will figure it out.  Every time I start to run low God always provides)

I've even mastered 2nd grade math like a pro.  I can re work a subtraction problem by removing the 10 and re adding it like a real 2nd grader.  I get more excited than my 2nd grader when I get the answer right.  I'd say leave it to the professionals but I am a professional.  I just had to re adjust my way of thinking.

I've become a chess master, or so I'm telling myself that.  Micah decided yesterday that he was going to school me in chess.  That's something about me... I may not know how in the beginning, but I'll sit quietly watching (even losing) taking mental notes and then show you exactly what I've learning.  By the end Micah had met his match.  I don't think he'll be challenging me anytime soon.

I've also learned to ALWAYS check the toilet seat... do you know what being home with three boys for over 30 days will do to a mother... no more words needed.

Tomorrow will be a big outing for me... Costco... I've been planning on going everyday this week but have found an excuse not to go each day.  So, hopefully tomorrow?!?! Then again will Friday be crazy busy?  and it's cold to wait outside (see this is how I talk myself out of it... and the fact that we still have toilet paper) So, maybe Monday next week.  Stay tuned... My accessories of choice my mask and a baseball cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment