Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Focus on What Matters Most - BRE Strong

When I struggle I write, when I write I release.  I've always been this way, even as a young child.  This pandemic has changed me forever, my faith has been tested and pushed to a new level.  During these past few weeks I am seeking grounding in my faith.  I've dove deep into my daily devotionals and Bible to find my strength.  I don't want to push my faith on anyone but do know that there is a purpose.  With all that being said my devotions have really spoken to me lately.  Almost as if God is saying, she needs this today and she'll need that tomorrow.  I've recently been reading "Pressing Pause 100 Quiet Moments for Moms to Meet with Jesus."  I highly recommend this simple, quick devotional for all moms.  It can be fast if thats all you have time for or it can leave you seeking more and finding answers with Bible study.
I understand that faith is NOT for everyone but I will tell you it gives your a great foundation and a source of Love you never knew existed.  So many of us need that right now.  I always say I am so Thankful for the faith my boys have in their hearts.  They know that no matter what, no matter how hard things get they are loved.  I pray daily for all those around me and those close to my heart that they too will feel God's love surrounding them.
Before I began my nightly devotional (I can't seem to get it in during the morning hours lately, when it would do me the most good.) I was putting a few things away when I cam across a rock.  On it, it said Bre Strong.  Bre is a very special girl that will always hold a special place in my heart.  I picked up the rock and held it tight.  Bre Strong Mary Beth, Bre Strong!  Bre had an incredible smile that was contagious, she was a joy to be around and brought so much light into every situation.  She is deeply missed and forever in my heart.  I held onto that rock and sat for my devotional.  I needed her with me tonight.
My devotional for the evening was titled, Focus on What Matters Most.  "Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." PSALM 90:12  The devotional spoke of the days when our calendars are SO full.  Our children have so many obligations, we have so many obligations.  I found it kind of ironic because today I have nothing absolutely NOTHING on my calendar.  These questions were asked:
             What is most important for our family right now?
             What is God's heart for our kids when they leave our home?
             How often will we try to eat dinner together?
In this very moment in time he's giving us time to figure all those things out.  What is most important for our family?  Whats most important for me?  What exactly do I want out of this life?
These are all questions we currently have time to think about.  What is it that I want?  for me? my children? our future?
            What activities were invading your time as a family?
            Would you say that your family lives proactively or reactively?
            How can you establish boundaries?
God is speaking to us during this time, we need to slow down and listen to what he's saying.  These days are long and exhausting. (Trust me I have hit the wall) I need to hold steady in my faith, continue to be the person that I am and have confidence in myself and our outcome.  So, I leave you with this quick prayer:
Father, teach me to number my days. Give me the clarity about what You want for me and my family. Help us live on purpose so that we will honor You in all we do. Help me to BRE Strong during the challenges.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment