Many of you know me on the surface but if you really dig deeper and sit long enough for me to open up you know that I have experienced a lot of heart break over my 38 almost 39 years. I understand that we all experience heart break and its inevitable. I just don't always understand the purpose in this, I know there is always a time and purpose for it all... but why?
Heart Break comes in many different forms. It can be in the loss of a loved one, health issues, friendship dissolutions, unexpected endings, failed attempts, growth and change. They all result in some form of heart break. What do we do with this heart break and how do we recover. Well, the only thing I know how to do in these times in turn to my faith.
I have lived darker days that I would like to shut out, as many of you have too. These days leave you wondering what you did wrong, what you could have said differently and how to fix it. If you're like me, you just want to fix the problem and move on. I recently decided that it's time for me to stop brushing these feelings under the rug and face them head on. Step toward them knowing, I did enough and I am enough.
I think maybe I wasn't really fixing them but putting Band-Aids on them. Telling myself to STOP feeling all the emotions that come with these heart breaks. Telling myself that feeling sad was a weakness and that there was somehow something wrong with me for feeling this way. I need to forgive myself and take steps forward.
So, that leads me to my new devotional. It's a 30 day healing from a broken heart God's way. (Don't worry I won't get all preachy on you) I currently have so many blessings in my life that I believe healing myself from past hurt will only help me live more in the presence and not in my past hurt.
Day 1: Forgive Myself
Day 2: Forgive those who hurt you
Day 3: Focus on what you have, not what you lost
Day 4: Life keeps going
Day 5: God's Love is ENOUGH
That's where I am, One day at a time. I think the one verse that has really stuck with me (and is now on my mirror) The Lord is close to the broken hearted and save those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
The Good will come back to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment