It all began about 13 years ago. I was a mamma to my first little guy and was not one to sit home. So, as soon as Micah's first summer hit I was looking for anything and everything to do to get out of the house. I had a membership to just about every local attraction.... including the zoo.
On our first visit I can clearly remember taking Micah around pointing out the animals and ending our day in the gift shop (Of course we needed to document this first trip with a souvenir) So, home we went with our first elephant and giraffe toys. We then visited the zoo often (As a way to get out of the house) and Micah became more and more interested in learning about the animals that he was seeing. Eventually he was a little fact machine and knew more about these animals and their habitats than I did. Now Micah has turned his love for animals and his desire to learn more into a YouTube channel featuring his trips. He started this over a year ago (and with the pandemic it has been hard) and I love seeing the pride he feels when he completes a video.
I can honestly say watching his videos makes me so proud of him. I had no idea that me taking him to the zoo (almost weekly) would turn into this. He often refers to himself as a zoo nerd. I'm glad he's okay with himself exactly the way he is and I am too. One thing I always want my children to know is that I want them to be exactly who they are and I will love them no matter what.
Incase you are interested here is a link to his YouTube page. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment