Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Who You Say I Am

Recently (by a few people)  I've been asked about my faith and what it is exactly that I believe.  This song sums it up for me.  I am a child of God, I am welcome there and there is a place for me.  Some people will ask how I believe in a God that would allow some of the things to take place in my life that have. How could i accept that he would allow every person that promised to love me and be with me forever, to just walk.  My response is simple, others have been through more.  Every time I have been lost he has always brought me in NEVER leaving me.  Even when I was feeling pain deeper than I could have ever imagined he was always by my side with his hand reached out to help me up.  He has allowed me to grow stronger by making my own choices.  Not always being the perfect ones but, never allowing me to stray to far from him.
He is for me and I know that he has a beautiful plan for not only me but my boys.  Every night the boys and I pray and we always end our prayers asking for our hearts to be softened and opened and that the hearts of those that will be on this journey with us be softened and opened as well.  I know I am never alone and I want my boys to know that they will also never be alone or fear the unknown.
I have to side bar for a minute, I have so many amazing women in my life that walk by faith and I have watched Gods plan play out in their lives. My one girlfriends story is one of a beautiful blessing of 4 girls blended imperfectly perfect. I'm sure if you asked her 15 years ago if she saw this as her life plan she'd say No, but i also bet that she wouldn't have it any other way.   
I am Blessed and so thankful for the Grace I've been granted and the place I'm at today.  I'm truly happier than I would have though possible 5 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment