Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Niall Horan turned Hockey Night

Last Wednesday night I was sound asleep when my phone continuously went off.  Usually I just ignore it and keep sleeping.  I decided to pick it up.  It was my good friend and neighbor Sarah.  We are the kind of friends that don't hang out often or don't make plans to.  She's the friend you bump into at the pool or out on a bike ride and then end up on her patio drinking wine while the kids run around like crazy.  Then you wonder why we didn't do it sooner.  She's always there for me when I do call upon her and vice versa.  
Back to Wednesday, she asked... want to go see Niall Horan?  I need to know soon so I can change plans? It's this Saturday.  I said sure count me in, I have no plans.  Saturday came around, so after soccer I called her and asked what time she wanted me to pick her up.  She said lets say 5:30.  So, I picked her up at 5:30.  We headed out to Allstate Arena, parked the car (I did question her why there were so many children, and wondered why they weren't left at home)  We walked in, she had the tickets in her hand, she insisted that printing them was best.  I didn't ask questions I was just along for the ride.  We approached check in,  the woman in front of us was confused because she couldn't find her husband but she had his ticket in hand.  The man was flustered with her and scanned our tickets .  She kept trying to talk to him which causes confusion.  He did say that one of our tickets didn't scan but then he said forget it, just go.  So, we went.
We walked in, I could tell something was off.  I walked ahead of Sarah and turned around and said, 'Ummm There is ice out there. Are we at the right place?"  She said they let us in.  Then I said let me see those tickets.  She said, see it says  Saturday... I followed up with MAY 9th!!!! We burst into laughter.  I needed those laughs so bad.  She and I wondered trying to figure out what we should do next.  We then decided to find our seats, that way we would know exactly where we were headed on MAY 9th!!!  After the players all made there way onto the ice and the game was underway we decided it was to cold for us.  Eventually home we headed.  
If i'm honest with myself, I love Niall Horan but his music always takes me to a sentimental place.  I probably wasn't exactly ready to sit there for a few hours and listen anyways.  Below you will find one of my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment