So, if you know me even just a little you know that my 60 minute Barre3 workouts are what keep me grounded. I can walk into the studio with stress, worry and burdens, I leave feeling confident, strong, physically and mentally better.
Let me back up...
We woke up and started our normal morning routine. I made breakfast, the boys snuggled on the couch watching TV. After breakfast we got ready for the day. The boys set up their chrome books, Micah was able to log into his google classroom and got right to work (Such a first born) Noah had a list of assignments to check off, I helped him navigate his assignments and was in charge of the timer. Josiah on the other had didn't really have much of anything. So, I put my teacher hat on and started to come up with some assignments. This was a lot harder than one would think. (tomorrow will be better).
By about 11:30 we needed a break. I NEEDED a break! So I told the boys I would be starting my online Barre3 class soon. If they wanted to join me that would be fine, they just needed to be respectful and not get in the way (I know mother of the year right here) Two of the three gathered their supplies, weights, mat, ball, sliders. I started the video.... no more than 5 minutes later balls were flying. I tried to calmly ask them to participate or leave. They continued... Within minutes everyone was banned to their rooms. I finished my workout...listening to screaming between the rooms, stomping on the floor, someone calling someone else a toilet.... that was the longest 60 minute workout ever!!! The workout ended with me lying on my mat crying and laughing all at the same time. And... Toilet, really that's the worst you could come up with...
Tomorrow will be better.
We will figure this out.
I will figure this out.
Everyone has eaten and is now banished to the basement for the next hour so I can clean the kitchen. Hang in there parents even the teachers want back in the classroom!!! And a side note to all the parents that have this all figured out, that's amazing please give the rest of us Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment