It's the night before high school and all through the house the creatures (preteens and teenagers) were stirring and I shout... It's time for bed, lights out!
On this eve of a new school year, and one I'm feeling anxious about the boys are going about their routines. I sit here at my computer wondering how it is that time has passed so quickly. Micah is stating high school tomorrow and I'm not exactly sure I'm ready. I feel like it was just yesterday that I dropped him at PDO and I sat in the parking lot and cried the whole time. I'm going to try very hard not to cry tomorrow when I drop him off. I know he's ready, he's mature beyond his years. I also know I've done a darn good job with him and he can handle more than I give teens credit for. Josiah is a ball of nerves and is very worried about what using a locker will look like. I've assured him that they will be giving both 6th and 7th graders grace since they've never used them before. And, then Noah... I'm not sure he even realizes what's happening tomorrow. He's so chill about everything, I guess it's that 3rd child thing.
I've gathered supplies, helped pack backpacks and even started lunches. I just can't believe summer has come and gone. I received my class list on Monday and have been trying to get as much done as possible. I'm excited to get into the classroom with my new assistant and show her around. There is just this layer of worry about it all... my boys, my classroom and home.
Right now I'm taking one day at a time, one foot Infront of the other and praying a long the way. God's got this, somedays I wonder why things feel the way they do, But I know its all part of a beautiful plan. God I'm counting on you to wipe the many tears that are going to fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment