The boys and I have been enjoying having regular game nights for awhile now. Its a great time to be silly while working together. Usually we each chose a game and take turns playing. Last Sunday I was looking for the game of LIFE. I was certain that we owned it but of course it was no where to be found. I decided that i would get a new one so we could play it tonight. Let me just start by saying that the game of LIFE has changed a bit since I've played it last. We set the game up and started to play. It was actually a really great learning and growing experience. Each of the boys had to make a decision about college (even with the cost of tuition before them) Then they had the opportunity to buy homes, get married and have children. Some of these were choices and others were just a part of life.
They were a bit silly at times and the giggles contagious, when they each married and had kids they thought it was so silly. When i got married Micah said... Oh man now i have a Step-dad. (I didn't even know he knew the term) It started to get late so we had to put the game on hold but here is where we ended... All boys decided to pay upfront and go to college (Thank God)
Noah
Career: Secret Agent
Home: Luxury Flat
Family: 3 Children and a Cat
Josiah
Career: Scientist that returned to night school to become a Lawyer
Home: Ranch
Family: No children and a Cat
Micah
Career: Doctor
Home: Flat, sold at a profit and bought a Dream Villa
Family: 1 child and a Cat
I'm a big fan of finding quality time with your kiddos and slowing down in life. I'm hopeful that these are the things they'll remember when they're older. Life doesn't always turn out exactly how we planned it to be. Sometimes you have to make hard choices and take detours.

No comments:
Post a Comment