Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A LOVE Like Theirs

The past 24 hours have been a crazy wave of emotions.  I've always known little bits and pieces of my grandparents love story but today i got a few more, I'd love to sit my grandmother down and talk endlessly about it.  They met when they were just 14 years old and had a constant and steadfast love and affection for one another.  They were married for 65 years!!!  You don't see love like that anymore. This leads me to one of my favorite verses:
Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
I promise you that their love wasn't perfect and they slipped at times but they always persevered!  This morning as we were processing out of the chapel i hugged my grandmother and told her how sorry i was and how much i loved her.  She grabbed my hand and said...We had a great life together, and i want that for you too.  I began to cry.  In a way i always felt like i let her down with the path my family took.  I thought i was a disappointment to her in a way, but when she said that to me i realized that isn't the case.  I don't have 65 years left in me, and i don't want perfection but, i do want a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment