This is just a guess because i don't know how long it was that i bought the 'Our Love' Journal. Let me start at the beginning. The last few years of my marriage felt loveless and lonely. When the final straw happened and i knew there was no going back i still wanted more for myself and the boys. WE deserved that. So at some point during the divorce process i bought a journal titled 'Our Love' A journal by Us for Us. I guess you could say that i bought the journal to tell myself that one day i would be loved, fully loved. I knew and know my journey to love the second time around will be an adventure with plenty of ups and downs and twists and turns. So, this journal is a simple guides to spark communication. Now if you know me, you know i like to write and it's one of the easiest ways i know how to share my feelings. It takes away the fear of rejection, i don't have to see your reaction on you face. I know that communication is key in a good sound relationship but this can be extremely difficult at times. There are so many things that you want to say or share but hold back because of your fear of the other persons reaction.
As i was cleaning out my office the other day i came across the journal at the bottom of a drawer and completely forgot that it was there. I opened it and i read a few of the prompts...there were also the following quotes:
~I Fall in Love with you all over again when...
"Being Deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu
~When it comes to us, sometimes i wonder...
"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind." -William Shakespeare
~I thought about you today and...
"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever." -Alfred Tennyson
~One of the nicest things you do...
"No act of Love, however small, is never wasted." -Aesop
~What i Love most about you is...
"Never let a loving thought go unspoken."
~I Love coming home to you because...
"Love comforteth like sunshine after rain." -William Shakespeare
~You make me a better person...
"We are shaped and fashioned by what we love." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
~I need you because...
"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather loved in spite of ourselves." -Victor Hugo
~Let's talk about...
"Never close your lips to those to whom you have already opened your heart." -Charles Dickens
~Please forgive me...
"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that had crushed it." -Mark Twain
I could keep going but i think you get the idea. Opening up requires complete trust for me. I could answer all of those questions easily on paper but it's so much harder in conversation...Be patient with me...It's there...
No comments:
Post a Comment