Sunday, April 29, 2018

Cards

Today started with me making a list of all the things I needed to get done by the end of the day.  (Blogging was not on that list but I felt the need to take the break) I needed to fill out all the registration forms for the boys next school year, follow up on some PTA stuff, grocery shop, work on party details (The party is less than a week away) pay bills, make copies of some documents, go for a run maybe even a bike ride and last but not least  purchase CARDS.
A little fact about me is that I LOVE mail, I love receiving a card in the mail or the thought of the joy someone else may feel receiving a card from me.  May is a very busy month with Mothers Day and LOTS of Birthdays (Just another plug for mine)  
Some cards are easy to pick out and you find them quickly without any work.  Others are not as easy.  I might like what part of one card says and then like part of another.  I might want to take my sharpie and cross out certain words or phrases all together.  For example mothers day cards can be tricky for me.  On the other hand i quickly picked out my sisters Birthday and Mothers day cards without any trouble at all.  She's easy, she won't over think the words and know its coming from a place of love.  Then you have that Birthday relationship card.  Oh Lord help me!  Where is the I really like you, I really like how this feels, I look forward to where this is headed but NO, these cards profess undying love, and beg for marriage.  I'm not heartless, I have these feelings i just don't think throwing them at someone in a card is really the way to do it. Opening these types of cards made me feel anxiety. Needless to say I still have some card shopping to do. So, on that thought don't be surprised if the next time you open a card from me you see sharpie all over it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment