Sunday, November 19, 2017

My Phone...gone just like that...

You don't realize how lost you feel until you completely lose your phone, or lets me rephrase that... your phone is stolen.  My sister and her husband were coming into town on Saturday for a short visit.  I decided to get up early and run some errands.  I stopped at Target and then i has to make a quick return to walmart (ugh, that will teach me to go into a walmart) When i went to the service counter i placed my phone on the counter.  I turned around walked out.  It was raining so i was in a rush to get to the car.  I ran and within minutes i started to look for my phone.  I went back into the store realizing i placed it on the counter and by the time i returned it was gone.  A man at the store started to call it and i began to rethink my steps.  He said he'd continue to call it just in case i left it in the car.  It was nowhere to be found.  I drove over to one of my good friends house and she calmly walked me through what happened and gave me a phone she had at her house so i had something until i could figure everything  out.
I drove over to check on the boys (i don't know anyone's phone number) i then went over to the mobile store and spoke with them.  They said it was very likely that all my contacts and photos were gone unless the phone was found.
I felt sick, completely violated someone had some of my most personal memories at their fingertips.  We continued to call the phone and finally decided to disable the sim card.  My sister and brother in law arrived and helped me to track the phone.  We located it at a church in the ghetto of Chicago.  At that moment i realized that i'd never see that phone or any of those memories again.  I started to save some of the photos earlier in the summer (i'm scared to look and realize how many are actually gone) I'm so thankful for my sister and my brother in law helping me figure out how to set up my temporary phone. 
It wasn't even a fancy phone, and was actually super glitchy and didn't hold much of a charge.  Ugh, those memories...gone, all gone...
One of my friends said to me today... I guess its time to make new memories.  I couldn't agree more (but i'm still in a funk over it all)  This weekend didn't go at all how i expected but then again life never really does...  So, needless to say i recovered some of my contacts through google but if you've been added in the last year you're gone... erased from my life (that may actually be a good thing for some)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about this Mary Beth. Sending you a big hug across the oceans.

    ReplyDelete